Schedule Your Appointment Now!
Protect yourself against Polio (CDC.com):
- Polio (or poliomyelitis) is a disabling and life-threatening disease caused by poliovirus, which can infect a person’s spinal cord, leading to paralysis.
- Polio is transmitted through contaminated water and food or contact with an infected person.
Symptom Lists :
- Most people infected with poliovirus have no symptoms, some will experience…
- sore throat
- stomach pain.
- A smaller group of people will develop more serious symptoms that affect the brain and spinal cord:
- Paresthesia (feeling of pins and needles in the legs),
- Meningitis (infection of the covering of the spinal cord and/or brain), or
- Paralysis (can’t move parts of the body) or weakness in the arms, legs, or both.
*Paralysis is the most severe symptom associated with polio because it can lead to permanent disability and death.
How can I Prevent Polio?
Some adults are at higher risk and should consider polio vaccination, including:
- people traveling to certain parts of the world,
- laboratory workers who might handle poliovirus, and
- health care workers treating patients who could have polio.
- Polio vaccine may be given as a stand-alone vaccine, or as part of a combination vaccine (a type of vaccine that combines more than one vaccine together into one shot). (Polio vaccine may be given at the same time as other vaccines.)
*Fortunately, Immunize-La makes it easy to get fully protected against Measles. Simply click the link below to set up an appointment!
Schedule An Appointment Now!
5 out of 5 stars (based on 1 review)